Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 24, 2014- Saying Goodbye to Elder Remund

November 24, 2014
Saying Goodbye to Elder Remund 

Hey family and friends!

I am officially not a verdecito, or a greenie, anymore. I finished my 12-week training with my trainer Elder Remund. We had transfer calls last night. Elder Remund is heading down to Wilson, North Carolina to be a zone leader there, and I am staying here in Newport News.  It’s been weird because our whole district has been together for 12 weeks or two transfers. Normally at least a few people get moved around every transfer but since we have been together for so long, we have become unified, worked super hard and got a lot of work done during the time we had together. Hermana Belnap is finishing her mission today. She is leaving for her home tomorrow morning. Hermana Camps is coming in to replace her. Hermana Valdez is leaving for North Carolina and Hermana Phillipy is going to be training a new sister. With Elder Remund leaving, Elder Morgan will be joining us as our new district leader.

Elder Morgan is going to be my new companion. Elder Morgan has been on his mission a long time. He only has 2 more transfers, 12 weeks, and then he is going home. I’m happy that I get to stay in Newport News because I love this area and I love the people here! Even though Elder Morgan will be the senior companion, since I'm the one with knowledge about this area, he will probably going to be looking to me to make a lot of the decisions for the next couple weeks.

We found out this week that during our mission conference in December, Elder Snow from the seventy is going to come and talk to us.  We are all very excited to be able to hear from him!

We had a great lesson with our new investigators Ramon and Belkis and their two daughters. They all said they would be willing to be baptized, so Elder Remund and I are hoping to set a baptismal date tonight in our lesson with them!

On Friday we had a branch party for Dia de Accion de Gracias or Thanksgiving.  We had a lot of fun. There was a lot of food there, and at the end of the evening there were still two turkeys in the oven, which hadn’t been used for the dinner yet. The members that were in charge of the party gave Elder Remund and me a whole leftover turkey. A Guatemalan sister in our branch had cooked the turkey.  I don't know what she put on the turkey but it was the best turkey I have ever eaten.

On Saturday, we helped teach at a Stake Family History Youth Activity.  We taught the youth how to set up their family search accounts. It was really long activity that lasted for a total of three hours.

I'm looking forward to this next week, and I hope everyone has a great week.

- Elder Cannon


My first district- 
Back from L to R - 
Me, Elder Remund 
Front from L to R-
Hermanas Valdez, Phillipy, Belnap and Hilton