Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Week #101- Teaching Jesus and His Roommates

July, 4, 2016
Dear Family and Friends,

Happy 4th of July!

This week, Stake President Hamilton and his family invited all of the full time missionaries that are serving in the Stake to their home for dinner. While we were there, they asked all of the Elders to sing The Armies of Helaman song.

Well, President and Sister Baker are officially gone. President and Sister Weed flew in Monday night. President Baker and President Weed had only two hours to talk before the Bakers left the mission Tuesday morning. All of the missionaries in the Virginia part of our mission got together to meet the Weeds. They are sweet!!

We found this really cool family from El Salvador. Guanacos (people from El Salvador) are by far my favorite Hispanic group. We went to a flea market on Saturday to find some Hispanics to teach.  I bought an El Salvador flag for a super cheap price and then I realized that it is a little crooked, oh well. 

When we showed up to one of our appointments on Wednesday, our investigator Jesus was waiting outside with a few other people that live with him. Yes I am teaching Jesus. He told us that when we came over to teach him the first time that he felt happy and the problems that he is having in his family seemed to disappear for a moment even though they are still there. He told us he just didn't know what that feeling was, but he was exciting for us to share our message with his roommates.

We have been having problems with our car the past few weeks. We woke up on Sunday morning and felt like we needed to check the oil level in our car. It’s a good thing that we did because we were completely out of oil. We called Brother Flores, our branch mission leader, to help us. He helped us fix our car and put more oil in. Unfortunately, we ended up being an hour late to church. That was the first time I've ever missed part of church.

My time on my mission is coming to a close soon. Everyone, including missionaries, members and even some of our investigators know that I'm heading home in a week. It is the weirdest feeling to realize that I’m leaving and it doesn't feel real. But- I'm going to make this the best week of my mission. I know this church is the church of Jesus Christ and that He is at the head and that He talks to our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. If we heed the counsel of the prophet and the apostles, even with everything going on in the world, we will be happy.


Love, 
Elder Cannon


The Hamilton family


at the Hamilton home


Elders singing The Armies of Helaman


Eating dinner at the Hamilton's home

 

Full time Elders and Sisters who are serving in the Stake 
(I am taking the picture so I'm not in it.)


Wearing sombreros


My District marked the end of my mission.