Friday, June 17, 2016

Week #98 - New Investigators

June 13, 2016
Dear Family and Friends,

Everything is going well here. Its been a pretty busy week. we have been teaching a lot of people. President Baker is finishing up his mission too. He is going home the end of June and our new mission president named President Weed is coming in. He will be my mission president for only 2 weeks. 

We have an investigator named Nancy, and when we showed up to teach her for the third time she told us that she had read the assignment that we had given her. She had read from 1st chapter of 1st Nephi to chapter 8, and she explained to us exactly what happened and she understood it all!  We are hoping that she and her husband can make it to church next week.

Gerson is a less active youth who just returned from El Salvador last Sunday. He's like the most committed youth that I've ever met. The only reason that he doesn't come to church is because his father won't let him.

I have working on My Plan, a program that the church asks returning missionaries to complete during their last six weeks in the mission field. Normally I would need to spend one hour every week for 6 weeks working on it.  However, since President Baker would like to interview me before he is released as Mission President, I need to complete the tasks in half the time. The tasks include setting goals about what I plan to do when I get home. It is very hard to think about future plans while I am still engaged in the work.

Elder Armstrong. Elder Valentine and I visited Colonial Williamsburg.  We visited the Governor's home and took a funny picture at the stocks.

I received my “trunky papers” (return home flight itinerary) on Saturday. I could barely bring myself to look at the details. I gave it to Elder Armstrong to hold for me for now so that I don't have to think about leaving yet.

I hope everyone has a great week! The church is true!


Love, Elder Cannon



Me and Elders Armstrong and Valentine in front of the Governor's Palace in Colonial Williamsburg


Colonial Williamsburg stocks