Thursday, January 28, 2016

Week #78- Focusing Our Work

January 25, 2016
Hey Family and Friends

It's been freezing here in North Carolina! The temperature has been in the upper 20's and lower 30's during the day! And no matter how many layers we put on, the cold just cuts right through. It also rained a few days ago while it was in the upper 20's, so I'm not too sure why it didn't turn to snow. We ended up having to change our battery, because our car battery died, in the cold, freezing rain. It snowed on Saturday but it wasn't snowing hard enough to stick to the ground.
         I've also been sick all week long. This cold has been passed around through our entire district and I'm one of the last ones to get it. I was hoping that I had gotten away without being sick, especially after being sick during Christmas last year.  Even though I’ve been sick, we have still been up and about all day like we normally are and I'm starting to feel better now.
         We are really trying to target our work with the Spanish members to develop more trust with them. We have had about four Hispanic men attend Priesthood meeting every week so we have started to translate the Priesthood lesson into Spanish as well. We ate with all 4 active Hispanic families within three days this week. We are also working with Brother Rodriguez and his brother. His brother came to church on Sunday and we have a scheduled appointment with them this Thursday.
         I know my letter is kind of short this week but I want to finish it with my testimony about God. He is not some foreign object or statue that we pray to or worship nor does He sleep. He is our Father, and He knows us even better than we know ourselves. You can talk to Him, and He will talk to you. He will answer your questions and give you comfort. I know that He lives, and I am so thankful for all that He has blessed me with. I know that He talks through his prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I'm also so thankful for an earthly father and mother that have taught me the gospel and helped me become the person that I am.

I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love,
Elder Cannon