Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week #76- A New Person to Teach

 January 11, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
We have had really nice weather during the last month. I didn't mention this last week but on Christmas day it was 80 degrees. However, now it is starting to get a lot colder here! We have had to scrape ice off our windshields, and it actually snowed for about 10 minutes on Monday afternoon while we were outside playing football on our p-day.

On Thursday, we had interviews with President Baker. He told me that he was really pleased with the work I have done as a Zone leader and that he was pleased with the training that I am doing with Elder Claridge.  

It was pretty exciting this week because a brother of one of the Hispanic members of our ward came to church yesterday. We are going over to that family's home tonight to eat dinner.  I hope that the brother will be there so that we can start teaching him.

Tomorrow I hit the 18-month mark. I can't believe that so much time has gone by already. I do know this work is true. I know that this is the one and only church that has the authority and priesthood of God. And through that priesthood we are able to bless our lives, the lives of others around us, and our loved ones that have passed on. I know that we have a prophet today, someone that we desperately need to help us in this tumultuous world that we live in. I know that Thomas S. Monson is that prophet and that if we heed his counsel we will be blessed.

I hope that everyone has a great week!
Love, Elder Cannon


                      Me and President Baker wearing holiday hats at the Mission Christmas party


                                                             Mission Christmas Party


                                          Eating dinner with the Canseco family