Thursday, May 12, 2016

Week #93- Word of Wisdom


May 9, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

It was great to be able to Skype with my family yesterday. They have changed so much since I left. It’s hard to believe that I'll be seeing them again in a few months. I'm blessed to have such a great family, especially my Mom. I have the best Mom in the world. I love you, Mom!

We finally caught up with Maria again. She has been busy with relatives that keep going to the hospital. She told us that she still wants to get baptized.

We taught Miguelina and Leapoldo on Thursday. We taught them about the Word of Wisdom. Miguelina told us right away that she would obey, without hesitation.  Although her husband Leapoldo was hesitant at first about giving up coffee, in the end he committed to live the Word of Wisdom as well.

We ate some really good Mexican food on Cinco de Mayo with the Onejda family. It’s too bad that Cinco de Mayo isn't a real Spanish holiday. Only one small city in Mexico actually celebrates it and nobody else does.

A family in our branch had a daughter finish her mission this week. She left when I was serving in this ward at the beginning of my mission.  It is weird to think that I have been a missionary three months longer than she has and she has already completed her mission.

The temperature here has been changing a lot. It has rained hard this week and was pretty chilly most days but we ended the week at 80 degrees.


Our Zone leaders exchanged cars with us for one day this week so that they could take our car in for repair. It felt funny to drive to our teaching appointments in a van.


I hope that everyone has a great week!

Love, Elder Cannon



Using the Zone Leader's van for the day