Saturday, March 28, 2015

March 23, 2015- A Healing


March 23, 2015- A Healing

Hey Family and Friends!

This week my companion and I witnessed a healing. After Martin cut his finger off, we went over to his home the next night and gave him a Priesthood blessing. He was scheduled to go to the hospital on Tuesday to get his finger surgically repaired. The doctor was going to take some flesh from another part of his body and put it on top of his finger since he had cut off part of his bone. Martin arrived to have the surgery when the doctor looked at his finger and was shocked to find his finger was healing more completely and quickly than expected. Martin's finger had healed so that new flesh was already covering the bone. The doctor told him that he didn't need surgery and so he went home. I saw the pictures of his finger right after the injury happened.  When he showed us his finger Tuesday night, I was amazed to see the improvement. This experience strengthened my testimony that the priesthood has been restored and is on the earth today.

On Thursday, we went over to a sister investigator's house to dedicate her home because she has been seeing and hearing things in her house. I was asked to dedicate it, so I dedicated the house in Spanish.
On Saturday, we walked around the campus of Old Dominion University to try to meet people. While we were walking on Campus we ran into a woman who is a Jehovah’s Witness. It was my first time talking to a Jehovah Witness in English. All the ones I've come across have been Hispanic. She was really nice when we talked to her but then she quoted some scriptures from the Bible.  One thing that Elder Bradshaw and I noticed was that she completely lacked the spirit backing up what she was saying. We asked her if she would read the Book of Mormon and she said no. When she finished quoting scriptures she said, "I really hope something I've said today will ring something in you young men's minds. What are you going to remember from what I said?" And Elder Bradshaw answered, "The only thing I'm going to remember is that you hurt my feelings when you said you wouldn't read the Book of Mormon." We were able to answer a question that she had about our beliefs concerning marriage, which was good.
             
On Sunday, we taught Alexander, whom we found a trailer park while knocking on doors. We talked to him about the Book of Mormon and the restoration. He had a really good understanding of what we taught him. I asked him what it would mean to him if the Book of Mormon is true, and he said that would mean that this is Christ's church. He committed to read the Book of Mormon.
           
Martin and Lani weren't able to come to church but we had a really good lesson with them Sunday night. Martin told us to be patient with him because he doesn't have anything against the Book of Mormon or the church but just against himself, his natural man I guess you could call it. It was good that he brought out his concern so that we can help him with that.

I hope that everyone has a great week.

Love, Elder Cannon


Me in front of Navy ship in Portsmouth, Virginia