Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 2, 2014- Last Week in the CCM




September 2, 2014
Last Week in the CCM

Hello Family and Friends,
I can´t believe that in less than 11 hours I will be leaving the CCM in Mexico City for the airport to fly to Virginia!

On Thursday, Elder McCall and I taught the new district how to make a language plan and how to prepare a lesson. I think it went pretty well.

On Friday, we had meetings all day to prepare us to go into the field. There were a lot of interesting things to learn in the meetings, but the day was so, so long because we had so many different meetings to attend.

On Saturday, Elder McCall and I taught an actual member of the church from Mexico City in the CCM. We gave her a lesson and we were able to get some referrals to pass on to the missionaries here in Mexico City. Here are her comments. 
The questions were:
How did you feel during the lesson?
She responded "Very happy that the missionaries can radiate with the special spirit of peace and happiness" 
What more did you learn in the lesson?
She said, "To know that agency is a gift but that if we have been bad, the Christ’s atonement can have an effect on our lives. 
What changes will you make in you life after being in the lesson?
She said, "Help the missionaries receive references from people I know."
After the lesson, we asked her for any referrals and she actually gave us one!!!  Elder McCall and I gave the name to the CCM, who will give it to the missionaries in Mexico City. Once again, I want to stress how important member missionary work is. I have never realized its importance until I arrived here at the CCM. A missionary’s success really depends on the members in the area and their willingness to help the missionaries.

I will miss my morning teacher, Hermano Castellano, because he has really changed my life. He has taught me so much, and I have never met a person besides my family that has cared about me and has wanted to help me so much. He helped everyone in our class become more like the Savior and therefore better missionaries.

On Sunday, our district sung the “Army of Helaman” in our sacrament meeting in Spanish. But since none of the people in our district are vocally inclined, we brought a few more people in from other districts in to help us so that we wouldn’t sound really bad. I think it went really well. 

These past two days haven’t been very fun. I have had to say goodbye to most of the people in our district as some left on Monday morning and others left this morning. It’s been really hard to see them all go because our district has grown really close. For the whole day today, only Elder McCall and I are left out of our district here in the CCM, which has been a little depressing when its meal time or gym time.

I get to wakeup at 1:00 a.m. tomorrow (Central time) to be able to leave the CCM at 2 to be able to get onto my flight which boards at around 5:30. I will arrive in Atlanta Georgia around 11:30 and then arrive in Norfolk Virginia around 4:00 pm Eastern time. I´m really excited to get out into the field and begin to teach people!!! Nos Vemos!!

Elder Cannon

Note:
On September 3rd, 7:30 p.m. Eastern time, Jared arrived safely in Chesapeake, Virginia.  He will find out where he will be assigned on September 4th.  He will let us know what his new address will be on Monday, his new Pday.



                      
                         Here is a picture with me and my morning teacher Hermano Castellano.