Thursday, July 24, 2014

July 23, 2014- To the Mexico MTC


I slept on the plane for 1 hour out of the three hour trip. I brought some food for the plane trip so I enough to eat. When I arrived at the MTC, I talked to my district leader and they are going to put a fridge in my room for my insulin to stay cold.

I was told by another elder there was going to be 10 people on my flight. ended up that there was over thirty missionaries including sisters. Talked with a lot of people. Elder Eisenhut from southern Cal is really chill. I sat next to window seat next to sister coon from Wyoming. the first couple of minutes on the flight were shaky and an elder behind me commented that there was not way that this plane was going to go down because there were thirty missionaries on the plane. I arrived in mexico city safely. it is really cool to be in another country. There is really bad pollution and is smells really bad. I received my name tag and the name of my companion who I haven't met yet. I will talk to all of you guys soon. Love you guys a lot and I miss home.

Elder Jared Cannon is serving his 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (sometimes referred to as LDS or Mormons) in the Virginia Chesapeake Mission. Below pictures include a  family portrait at Gilbert temple, some of Elder Jared Cannon friends wishing him good luck before his mission and Jared at Phx airport on his way to the Mexico MTC.